Beth's Reviews > The Nostradamus Design

The Nostradamus Design by Vincent Vizzaccaro

Apr 22, 12

bookshelves: fiction-general, kindle, crime-thriller
Read from April 18 to 22, 2012

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand what the hype is all about for this book. It's being compared to Dan Brown novels, but I don't see much comparison other than the fast-paced writing style. Sure, there are mysteries to be solved, some historical figures involved, and lots of intrigue -- but there was just something so ... elementary ... about it. First of all, the dialogue was almost forced, it didn't sound natural. For instance, who (in today's society) says things like "Indeed Judith, it was ...". Also, there were hardly any contractions used. People do not normally talk with one another in such formal sentences, and it does not sound natural when contractions are not used (see what I mean?). Finally, the story itself unfolded too easily. Are we really supposed to believe that everything just fell out that easily (as far as who the bad-guys were and who was involved), and that people just automatically believe the psychic abilities of others, and that characters so easily adapt to learning their true lineage and who their parents really were (after being raised by others). It was all just a bit too coincidental.

All in all, it was a fast-paced story and wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great, either.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Nostradamus Design.