Pablo's Reviews > The Road

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

196704
Nov 07, 13

Recommended for: Anyone who can read.
Read in May, 2009, read count: 5

I'm reading this for the fourth time (I almost never read a book more than once). I found a "reading copy" (a copy I can scribble notes in) for fifty cents at The Brown Elephant on Clark. I'm so excited!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Road.

Quotes Pablo Liked

Cormac McCarthy
“The world soon to be largely populated by men who would eat your children in front of your eyes and the cities themselves held by cores of blackened looters who tunneled among the ruins and crawled from the rubble white of tooth and eye carrying charred and anynymous tins of food in nylon nets like shoppers in the commissaries of hell. The soft black talc blew through the streets like squid ink uncoiling along a sea floor and the cold crept down and the dark came early and the scavengers passing down the steep canyons with their torches trod silky holes in the drifted ash that closed behind them silently as eyes. Out on the roads the pilgrims sank down and fell over and died and the bleak and shrouded earth went trundling past the sun and returned again as trackless and as unremarked as the path of any nameless sisterworld in the ancient dark beyond.”
Cormac McCarthy, The Road