Vinit Nair's Reviews > A Wanted Man

A Wanted Man by Lee Child

2001689
Sep 07, 12

Read from September 01 to 07, 2012

Another excellent Jack Reacher novel. Jack Reacher started on a mission in that started in 61 Hours novel. Reacher is on his way to Virginia to meet the lady he talked to on the phone. As usual he is hitching rides. He is in bad shape from the events that happened in the previous book and is trying to look less intimidating (if that is even possible) so that someone would give him a lift. He finally gets a lift, but that is not going to make his trip to Virginia any faster. Unwittingly he is caught in a situation which needs his intervention.

The pace is fast, everything is happening in a span of 1-2 days. We don’t get to see the actual enemy until 90% of the novel is finished. And some good action is also limited to the last 10% of the novel, which was unexpected because Jack Reacher novels are always action packed and adrenalin pumping. I guess I’ll forgive that because he is in bad shape and weak because of the busted nose etc.

Still, hoping for a more action packed sequel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wanted Man.

08/31/2012 "Starting it today even though I have five other books in the currently reading shelf."