Jazzmarie Vedrine's Reviews > The Rainbow Fish

The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

Apr 18, 2012

bookshelves: 4-6-year-olds, animal-knowledge, animals, emotions, friends, friendship, patterns, science
Read in April, 2012

This book is enjoyable to read aloud to young children in teaching them the importance of sharing and friendship. I found the character of Rainbow Fish easy for a young child to relate and identify with, when it comes to owning a prized possession and not wanting to share. The message of the importance of sharing was stated loud and clear in the book, and Rainbow Fish carried it out in love. After reading this book, it reminded me when the last time I shared something that I was holding onto.

CREATIVE EXPERIENCE:
During circle time, I would teach what sharing is and the importance of sharing. I would go around in a circle and ask each child what they have shared and what they felt after sharing and what did the other feel when received from them. I would even give them a challenge, for an assignment to be done before they went home that day, to share one thing with one or more other children in the class that day. It could be anywhere from sharing snacks, toys, giving the first person first place at doing something, sharing a hug, a smile, a friendly hello, a favorite book, or anything that they could think of you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rainbow Fish.