Chelsea's Reviews > I Wish I Were Engulfed in Flames: My Insane Life Raising Two Boys with Autism

I Wish I Were Engulfed in Flames by Jeni Decker

Apr 21, 12

bookshelves: ehh, dont-waste-your-time
Read from April 18 to 21, 2012

I'm glad I didn't spend more than $2 on this book. I didn't find it funny and I didn't learn anything new about autism. I want to call Jennifer a shitty mother & the only thing stopping me is the fact that her kids are disabled & that makes me wonder if the normal standards apply. I did notice that she lets them drink soda, have a constant supply of fast food and watch stupidity on tv. I don't think that's cool parenting for any child. Especially not when your children are so sensitive to what they're exposed to. I do like, even love, the gratitude she has for teachers. But that's it. I didn't laugh once and whenever she writes about cracking up I find myself wondering if I maybe missed the joke. This book is boring bullshit.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Wish I Were Engulfed in Flames.

04/18/2012 page 17
6.0% "Seems funny but I am NOT paying $15 for a 288 page book. No. Way. José."
04/19/2012
16.0% "I hate this woman's children. I hate that she named one "Jaxson". I hate the promotional mentions of her other books and movies. I doubt I'm going to like this book"
04/20/2012
39.0% "Dk what I think."
04/20/2012
42.0% "I don't think laughing at your kids meltdown is funny..... Maybe I'm uptight."
show 2 hidden updates…