Holly's Reviews > Fool Moon

Fool Moon by Jim Butcher

May 09, 12

Recommended to Holly by: Chris Carrera
Read from April 19 to May 06, 2012

My rating would be 3.5 stars, if I could give half-stars.

This book didn't pull me along like Storm Front did, sadly. I felt the action came on too quick and dragged through the book. I didn't feel there was as much engaging detective work like the first book provided, and sadly you pretty much know how the whole book is going to go before half-through with this one.

A good part of this book is that Jim Butcher gives a very interesting look at Werewolves than a lot of other authors. I have never read a book with so many different types of werewolves in it before, so it was interesting. The book has some suspense to it, but like I mentioned, it's mostly full-on action and I wasn't left with that feeling of trying to guess what would happen next. The end of the book seems a bit rushed to me, just like it was thrown out at me from left field.

I would still recommend this book to readers who enjoy this genre and series.. just don't go thinking it will be as "detective-y" as the first book.

I will say it has given me a different idea of how to approach this series (given that I am new to it), and so I will be starting book 3 with more of an open-mind as to how it may flow.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fool Moon.

04/23/2012 page 45