Rebecca's Reviews > Mini Shopaholic

Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

Apr 18, 12

bookshelves: chicklit
Read in October, 2010

** spoiler alert ** Why do I keep torturing myself? I think I like life not being easy and painful sometimes because this book so was. Painful that is. It was also a dead easy read to boot. I don't know why I keep picking these books up! I am addicted to finishing things I start and there has been what, 5 of these books and I have read them all (and after reading this one, I know they'll be another one, lordy) so why stop now. The best thing about this book is that time didn't save Becky from being caught in one of her many lies this time! I nearly cheered when her parents found out that the house she and Boy had bought feel through! But then, dumbly, she and her mum got into a huge row and they didn't speak for nearly the rest of the book. Also, the kid was insane, of course. Could any kid with a mother like Becky NOT be?! And it didn't help that everyone around her indulged her all the time. Blah. These books are just annoying. Not only can I not relate at all, but the characters are dead annoying! Becky and her husband just do not communicate at all. It was like, he needed some arm candy and she needed someone to take care of her. Other then, I have no idea why they are together. I would rather be alone then with a guy like him. Blah. But the book ends with them moving to LA for a period of time, so you know what's coming! Yeah, sign me up.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mini Shopaholic.