Joy Colclasure's Reviews > No, David!

No, David! by David Shannon

F 50x66
Apr 18, 12

bookshelves: all-about-me, emotions-feelings

Awwww!This is such a cute book. I loved the fun illustrations. This is a great book to read to children at the beggining of the school year. This book has few words but the illustrations say it all. This would be a fun book to get children involved in the story as you are reading it. After you read, "No, David!" you can allow the children to look at the illustration to and explain what they think that David is doing on each page to cause his Mother to say that. The end of this book is sweet because after David gets in trouble all day his Mother still hugs him and tells him that she loves him which is important for children to know after they have had a rough day.

Extension Activity: I would read this book durig the first week of school and after reading it, allow the children to come up with some classroom rules that they think would work. I will make sure that whatever rules the children come up with, I will repeat them in a positive way. I will write all the rules down on a poster board after we sum them up and then I will take pictures of the children following these rules a glue them on the poster. This will hang on the classroom wall for the entire year.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No, David!.