Cheryl's Reviews > The Crossing

The Crossing by Joy Nash

Aug 28, 08

Manannan Mac Lir is the Prince of Annwyn as well as Guardian of Celtic Magical Creatures for the human world. It makes perfect sense to have a half sidhe be guardian. While Mac is visiting his friends Kalen and his wife Christine and their daughter Elspeth, he learns that someone is going around raiding faerie villages of their life essence. Mac goes to investigate who could be doing this. When he arrives at one of the villages he captures the person responsible. Her name is Artemis Black and she is a witch. Tomorrow is Samhain, the changing of the seasons and Artemis needs all the life essence she can get before Samhain takes place. Artemis is brought before Mac’s mother and the rest of the counsel and sentenced to exile. Mac knows he should be pleasure with the sentence Artemis received but instead he feels something for Artemis other then hatred. Mac will travel to heaven or hell to bring Artemis back where she belongs.

I devoured Immortal: The Crossing and enjoyed every morsel of it. It had just the right amount of everything. Though I have to admit that Immortal: The Crossing is the first book I have read in the Immortal series. Now after stating that fact, I am excited to say that I was very pleased with Immortal: The Crossing. Ms. Nash writing style made it so effortless to jump right into this book that I never felt like I was missing anything by not reading all of the other books in the series. Immortal: The Crossing can be read as a stand-alone book. Do be warned though that after reading this book you will find yourself like I did wanting to go back and read all of the other books in the Immortal series. I am proud to say I am now a big fan of Joy Nash.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Crossing.