Karen Rae's Reviews > The Homecoming of Samuel Lake

The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield

Jul 06, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read from June 09 to July 01, 2012

I received the book, The Homecoming of Samuel Lake for free through Goodreads First Reads. The author depicts a cast of outstanding colorful characters that draw you into the story as she portrays each one very realistically. The characters are all intertwined, giving each one a significant part of the book. It starts out with the celebration of the traditional Moses family reunion held every year on the first Sunday in June. Samuel Lake, a young minister faithfully brings his wife, Willadee Moses and their three children, Noble, Swan and Bienville back to Arkansas for the yearly event. At the reunion, John Moses, the father/patriach of the Moses clan commits suicide. As the story continues, the Lake family relies on their strong Christain faith and their belief in miracles as they face many challenges, hardships and tragedy. This is a very moving story of love and hope that will touch your heart. You can't help but feel many emotions as you read it. Wingfield makes you feel that you are right there with the family.....living their story! This is an AWESOME book...I LOVED IT! It is one of the BEST books I have ever read! I highly recommend it and look forward to more books by Jenny Wingfield.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Homecoming of Samuel Lake.