Frank Errington's Reviews > The Grief Frequency

The Grief Frequency by Kealan Patrick Burke

Jan 09, 13

Read in April, 2012

A novelette from one of the finest writers working in the Horror genre today. Kealan Patrick Burke's work includes Currency of Souls (which I loved) and more recently, Kin, which is on my "to be read" list, as well as the Bram Stoker award winning novella The Turtle Boy.

The Grief Frequency is about the aftermath of a terrible automobile accident where Paul's wife Caitlin is killed. Paul is deeply distraught and, to make it worse, his Father-in-law, Bill, blames him for the accident.

In a way, Paul is haunted by his wife and all this pressure causes him to take actions that lead to terrible consequences.

What makes this such a great story is the telling of the tale. Burke deftly takes us into the grieving mind of a man who loved his wife with his whole being and we get to see what happens as he slowly unravels when he learns more about her condition.

Well crafted, with a perfect ending, this is an excellent way to introduce someone to the work of a wonderful author. It's currently available for free from a number of sources.
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Grief Frequency.

Adam Light this was my first read from Burke. Excellent

Frank Errington Try Currency of Souls. There a few stories set in the same world. All very good. Also Kin is highly recommended, although I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Adam Light I read Kin, Frank. It was really good. I devoured that book (pun definitely intended). I am currently reading the Timmy Quinn series. This is also some amazing storytelling. Dark and disturbing stuff. I will have to check out Currency of Souls.