Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books's Reviews > Born at Midnight

Jun 02, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, owned-e-books
Read in February, 2012

Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter

I really love this series, Born at Midnight starts with a parents’ divorce, mother not understanding Kylie, and getting shipped off to a camp for misfits, shadow falls, or so that’s what she thought. Many surprises for Kylie in this book. Finding out she is a supernatural, or so they think, as they do not know what kind of supernatural. She has a stalker that no one but her sees. She is confused much of the time. But she will find answers to some of her questions at Shadow Falls. All is not what it seems.

Over all I could barely put this book down. It is suspenseful, unusual, and keeps you wondering. Kylie is a dynamic character who is so much more than she sees in herself. The interaction between the different characters was one that most books in this genre do not have. While the book is filled with a great amount of teen angst, it is still a great story of friendship, teen lust and love, and family.
A great series, I highly recommend this series. You will love it.
Check out my blog for more reviews and extras http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.b...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born at Midnight.

Quotes Michelle's Liked

C.C. Hunter
“She's a serial kisser. I think her parents are French.”

C.C. Hunter
“Just because a guy rings your bell, doesn't mean you have to toot his horn.”

C.C. Hunter
“I think he likes you" Miranda Whispered.
Realizing she and Derek had drawn attention, she glanced away. "He's probably just curious about me like everyone else" she whispered back.
"Nope. He's hot for you" Della said, reminding Kylie of the supernatural hearing of some of the campers. "When he was sitting by you at lunch, he oozed so much testosterone that it was hard to breathe. He wants your body" Della teased.
"Well, he's not getting it" Kylie said.”

C.C. Hunter
“Burnett wasn't fooled, that was aparent by his expression, but he didn't argue, either. Well, as long as one didn't call slamming the door an argument.
"Jerk" Holiday muttered.
"I can hear you" he retorted from the other side of the wall.”

C.C. Hunter
“You told dad you didn't know what happened to his underwear. But You'd just flame-broiled his shorts on the grill.”