Stephanie Tracy's Reviews > Keeper of the King's Secrets

Keeper of the King's Secrets by Michelle Diener

Apr 24, 12

bookshelves: tudor-book-challenge-2012
Read from April 18 to 24, 2012

This was the second in Michelle Diener's series, starting with "In a Treacherous Court." I read that one a few months ago, and I have to say I liked it more than this newer one. I found the details in this novel to drag on, and (maybe it's just me) but I feel like the author's writing style isn't always clear. Sometimes I'll be reading and all of a sudden a new character has been introduced and I've completely missed it. There are a lot of action scenes in her books, which is fine, IF you explain fully what exactly is going on, and if the characters are developed well enough to understand. I kept getting the Comte and Jean mixed up in this book, and I found myself skimming a lot of pages simply because I was getting bored. Overall, once I finished and thought about the whole concept of the story, it was pretty good - but the fact that it was so difficult at times for me to get through made me give this book only two starts. If you like Diener, definitely read it, but I think I'm finding I'm just not a fan of her style.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keeper of the King's Secrets.