Julie's Reviews > The Beekeeper's Apprentice

The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King

Apr 18, 2012

Recommended for: amy, mom, trinna
Read in May, 2012

The premise: 15 yr old Mary Russell meets the retired Sherlock Holmes and becomes his apprentice. I loved so many parts of it, so it gets 4 stars. But it gave so much background story initially, and I was expecting 1 big mystery to solve, when there were actually several. Maybe because it's just the first book in the series? I'll definitely try the next though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Beekeeper's Apprentice.

Krisette Spangler I started book two this week, and I'm really enjoying it.

Julie Oh good! Can't wait to try it. I have such a stack of books waiting to be read first, but as soon as I work my way through a few of them, I'm going to look for that one. Thanks for the recommendation on the series though! It was fun.

Christine Woods I have read the first six books of this series and totally love them all thus far. Enjoy the relationship between Sherlock and Mary and I enjoy and need the history lessons. If only I could remember it all.

Julie I need to read the rest of these! I keep hearing such good things about them. If only there was more time in the day for a good book!!