Liza Wiemer's Reviews > Take a Bow

3152001
Jun 25, 12

bookshelves: 2013-rooftop-party-author
Read in June, 2012

STANDING OVATION to Elizabeth Eulberg for writing another outstanding YA novel, TAKE A BOW. I started this late last night and couldn't put it down until I finished it some time in the wee hours of the morning. Worth every second I gave up for a good night's sleep.
TAKE A BOW is narrated by four different characters: the lovable, talented, and unsure-of-her talents Emme, the self-destructive and brilliantly gifted Ethan, the former child actor Carter who is searching for his identity, and the selfish and arrogant Sophie who will stop at nothing for fame. Then add a cast of supporting characters: Jack and Ben are funny, wonderful, dedicated, loyal friends to Ethan and Emme. They're as much a part of this novel as the rest, and even though they're not center stage, Elizabeth Eulberg does a fantastic job giving them strong voices and bringing them to life as members of TEENAGE KICKS, the band they play in with Ethan and Emme. Then there is Amanda, a prickly, jealous girl who fits right in with Sophie. All of these YA attend the prestigious, highly competitive New York City High School of the Creative and Performing Arts.

What transpires over one year at the CPA will leave readers completely engrossed in these characters' stories. You'll fall in love, cheer, sneer, and have your heart crushed. This is writing at its finest! I loved this novel. The biggest disappointment was finishing the last page. It's a story I wanted to last and last and last. But like any superb novel, you can imagine the characters' futures because the author did a tremendous job giving you plenty of glimmers within its pages.
TAKE A BOW has heart, it has music, it has a clear view of the fierce and competitive nature of performing arts' schools, and it has an authenticity that will make you hope that we'll see these characters gracing the big screen some day.
Bravo, Elizabeth Eulberg. Thank you for writing such a fine novel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take a Bow.