Jaime's Reviews > Swipe

Swipe by Evan Angler

Oct 20, 14

bookshelves: for-the-chibis, series-worth-reading, reviewed, books-to-make-william-read
Read in April, 2012

I enjoyed Swipe. The futuristic gadgets and the use of complete computer tablets and such was pretty cool and realistic. It reminded me of a younger, Christian version of Matched by Ally Condie with the whole technology thing and how the government controls those aspects.

The characters were good too, very resilient and curious. They try hard to figure out what is going on with this mysterious group of Markedless called the Dust. While some parts were a bit predictable, I still felt intrigued and wanted to continue to read it until the last page.

I wish there had been a larger presence of God in the books, considering it is Thomas Nelson. There were hints I understood, but I'm not sure how much a younger crowd would pick up on it. More about God is probably coming in future books as Logan explores more. Also, there were a lot of "ridiculous" things, like the parents weren't always around or the cliche that the new girl is so "pretty" and stuff. But since it's juvenile fiction, I think readers from grades 5th to maybe 10th will enjoy it.

I am looking forward to the next one coming out in September. It sounds like this series is going to be exciting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Swipe.