Elisabeth's Reviews > Love By Design

F_50x66
Apr 25, 12

bookshelves: 2012, contemporary-romance
Read from April 18 to 25, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: once

Consists of 2 connected category romances from 1989, Loving Jack which was wonderful - a crazy pixie chick heroine and a staid nerdier hero, who have to loive together unexpectedly for a while. The heroine Jack(Jaqueline) really made this story for me becos she was unconventional, sweet, came from a loving family and embraced everything in life head on. The conflict came from the hero's unloving childhood and his subsequent need to never get involved.

Second story - Best Laid Plans, connection provided through Nathan's business partner Cody who as an architect goes to Arizona to oversee a project of his and clashes with the engineer in charge - Abra one of the strangest names I've ever come across (it's a verb in Portuguese, means "open"), and she's the one who has difficulty with her feelings.

The language dated the books somewhat, especially the euphemisms to describe sex, but the characterization really shows why Nora Roberts is still a major player in the romance field.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love By Design.

04/21/2012 page 310
59.0% "my first Nora, well conscious one - I might have read her category books 20 odd years ago - not knowing she would become the Nora. This is actually 2 old related categories - Loving Jack and Best Laid Plans. Finished Loving Jack - pixie heroine but adorable anyway, started the second one."