Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*'s Reviews > The Opportunist

The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher

Jul 22, 13

bookshelves: adult-romance, all-time-faves, athlete-lover, badass_heroine, betrayal, boy_meets_girl_girl_meets_boy, contemporary_romance, danger, discovery, emotional-read, family-secrets-revealed, favesofalltime, heart_pounding_moments, heartbreaking, heartbreak, hot_as_hell_male, jealousy, love_triangle, may-june-jul-aug2012, memory_loss, pregnancy, self_discovery, stalker_or-stalker-habits, strong_female_lead, tragedy-tragic, trial-and-jury, unexpected-twist, authors_to_lookout_for, a-must-read, secrets, her_-pov, i-own, keep-u-up-all-night, kleenex-required, made_me_weep, moderately_steamy, new-adult-college, nook_book, third-party-involved, anti-romance
Recommended for: All Book Lovers
Read from May 18 to 19, 2012

Reader Beware this book will leave you screaming "OH HELL NO"
5 STARS out of 5
Genre- Adult Contemporary Romance
Setting- Miami, Fl., Georgia, and Texas

-Part one: Spoiler Free
-'You can only give your heart away once, after that, everything else will chase your first love'. - Inner thoughts of Olivia in The Opportunist

The Opportunist will penetrate the recesses of your being.

All due to CHOICES

The Opportunist is a book about choices- good ones, bad ones, small ones and big ones. Everything in our lives is built on the choices we make even the simple ones like to go left or right, to sit here or over there. Then we get the effect/conclusion these Choices bring. The effects can be joy, pain, violence, peace, salvation, destruction, love, hate all an abundance of answers to our choices. We encounter people whose lives can change from our Choices; and not all are innocent because they have choices too. In the end if you can stand by your Choices and live with them be thy great or small is up to you.

In The Opportunist Olivia runs into the love of her life Caleb Drake at a music store. She thinks to herself "this can't be" she has not seen or heard from him in 3 years. When their eyes meet and she realizes he has no idea who she is because of his amnesia from a car accident she takes advantage. Olivia pretends she does not know him. Oh but she does know him very well, Caleb Drake her ex-boyfriend from college and former love of her life. Caleb Drake is tall, sexy, rich and has a British accent. Olivia hurt Caleb in the past and he walked out of her life vowing to move on and never look back.

Now once again unbeknownst to his former self Caleb is attracted to Olivia AGAIN. And the two strike up a conversation that leads to a friendship against Olivia's better judgement of course;) He tells her about the accident and his temporary amnesia. Olivia decides that she will keep him close for as long as she can. But Leah Caleb's girlfriend from before the accident decides she will not give up on their love easily. Leah fights for her man. Who will get Caleb in the end?? And is either worth the love he gives?

The Characters
I swear Olivia had a self destruct button. Her inability to open up and let love in caused so much pain for others. She often refered to herself as cold. But she was bitter,a manipulator, calculating and sometimes just CRUEL. In my opinion she was not as cold as she would like us to think. Because a true cold person would have not felt a damn thing. Olivia felt things after doing wrong. She just chose to not allow others to see, she kept a facade.

Caleb, i loved this guy. He loved Olivia all the way to the last page. He went through so much drama with her and his love overcame the bad. His choices played a big part in the books outcome.

Cammie was hilarious she was Olivia's trusty sidekick to the very end.

Leah was a surprise. Period. I had a love hate thing with her. She too was calculating and a manipulator. When she realized amnesia Caleb was falling for another woman she was not having it. She wanted Caleb and would stop at nothing to get him. I had to admire that.

Phrase i loved the most "Priends" pretend friends. I ate that up.LOL!!

My Ratings
Characters- Lovable and Cunning
Writing Style- Witty, Solid, Leading and Potent
Plot/Storyline- Heart Stirring, Soul Stirring and Intense
Overall- This book will penetrate the recesses of your being. READER BEWARE.

For more reviews go to http://realitybites-letsgetlost.blogs...

Part Two:
SPOILERS AHEAD- READ AT YOUR OWN RISK BECAUSE I WILL NOT HOLD BACK! REPEAT, NOT HOLD BACK!

My thoughts on the characters and the choices they made.

Olivia was bold, calculating and ruthless when it came to getting her way and seeking revenge. It's like she had a self destruct button. But she then would have feelings of sadness for what she did. Like with Jessica that was by far one of the most cruel things i have ever read. Even though Jessica mad the decision to abort the baby. Olivia still had influence over the choice and she failed to choose the right one. Then when she decided to cash in her V-Card to some random guy. I thought i was going to rip my hair from my scalp.

Caleb- He was leading... I love how the author played his position. He was not all good he was human he made mistakes. He put up with Olivia's closed heart until it made him act out. His choices were huge too. When he walked away after their first kiss i thought noooooo. It set off this chain reaction in Olivia that only brought them both pain.

Leah- Red was a bitch. Period. But i liked her spirit when it came to getting Caleb back at all cost. Can't fault her for that. Right?!? Her whole deal with not paying for those people who died from the drug released by her company was not cool. I was not happy about that.

Noah- Noah was a God sent altho i would not be surprised if Red had a private eye on Olivia and set her up with Noah too;) Noah helped Olivia grow the epilogue showed that Olivia had accepted things for what they were with the ability to move on and find peace.

Okay for those who have read this book i would like to say that i for one was happy with the ending.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Opportunist.

Quotes Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Liked

Tarryn Fisher
“I had now officially secured my front row seat on the train to Hell. Choo choo”
Tarryn Fisher, The Opportunist

Tarryn Fisher
“Go be with your husband ... before he realises that he's still in love with me”
Tarryn Fisher, The Opportunist

05/18/2012 "To those whom have read this...Is it true i won't ever be able to go to the airport again without thinking of Caleb and Olivia?????"
05/18/2012 "-' Apparently, they hit it off right away, or maybe he hit right away, I can't be sure' -Olivia Hahahahahahahaha this broad is too much:D"
05/18/2012 "Well, well, well..." 7 comments
05/18/2012 "SHUT UP, shut up just shut up... Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!"
05/18/2012 "The word 'Cruelty' comes to mind...."
05/18/2012 "HOLY SHIT, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit... W.T.F....." 9 comments
05/18/2012 "Awwww.... Olivia*teary eyes* Am i the only one who liked the ending?!? So there will be a book2?! uh oh, not sure how i feel about this." 2 comments
05/18/2012
100.0% "Review to come... my review will come in two parts. A spoiler free version and A Spoiler Filled version."

message 1: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Buddy read!!! Look forward to chatting with you!!!

Maria Yeahhhhh Buddyyyyyy, I'm so excited you two are reading this!!

message 3: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Is there sex in this? I'm still disappointed about the lack of Jace and Clary intimacy...

Maria You get a little somethin somethin, that's all I'm gonna say!!!

message 5: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Woohoo! Just had first kiss - that was kinda hot!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* I agree AJ i need some heat or some kind of sexual situation

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Dammit. After i finish my hair i will b reading and i will only stop for lunch... My daugter has to eat i could care less about myself.lol!!

Maria Ladies Ladies calm down, I think you will both be happy with the Sexaul Situations!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!

message 9: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ I don't NEED there to be sex in a book, I was just wondering is all ;)

I'm so hooked, but it's midnight here and I'm going to crash soon. No real time to read tomorrow either. Bummer! Make sure you don't start any serious discussions without me!!!

Maria We won't, we will wait for you!!! Hurry back, have a great Saturday;)

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Well i prefer sex but no i don't need it, well if the story is not good i may need it. Just sayin.lol!! Oh no, we won't chat i still need to get started anyway.

Maria I prefer Sex too, but I think the story in this one makes up for it!!

Maria Alexis, how old is your Daughter?

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Maria wrote: "Alexis, how old is your Daughter?"

She's two her names Aliyah, i have a son Tommie he's nine

Maria Awwwww, 2 is such a sweet age!! I have 2 boys 8 and 4 and they are two sweet crazy maniacs!!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Wow, two boy's huh! You know whats crazy?! Last night my son got in bed with me while i was reading and asked me to read Clockwork Angel outloud. So i did! Hahahahahaha he was into it too. But i had to stop cause Grey's Anatomy Season finale came on. Hahahahaha:)

Maria My 8yr old Loves to Read, it's sooooo exciting!! He's reading the Wimpy Kid Series now! But he told me the other day he wants a real chapter book with noooo pictures, I said alrighty then!!! LOL!!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* My son loves that series!!! He was so hype when I went to EL James book signing. He was like " mom I want to meet Jeff Kinney so he can sign my books" then he made check the internet for dates. Hahahahahaha!!

message 19: by Tom (new)

Tom I never read them but my daughter got into reading with the goosebumps series around that age. Not sure what they are about but she was addicted them.

Maria LOL:) I was hoping Damien would like to read, I needed a bookstore Buddy!!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Right! When Borders closed I was there every other day kids and all! He liked that.
-Tom my neices are in to goosebumps books its mystery i think, mayb even some paranormal aspects

message 22: by Tom (new)

Tom We were gathering some old books for a book donation drive and she was like don't touch my goosebumps books. She is going to be 20 this year. :)

Maria Oh Yeah, I forgot about Goosebumps I will have tp pick one of those up for him!!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Maria wrote: "Oh Yeah, I forgot about Goosebumps I will have tp pick one of those up for him!!"
I agree!

Tom wrote: "We were gathering some old books for a book donation drive and she was like don't touch my goosebumps books. She is going to be 20 this year. :)"
Hahahahahahaha! Love that:D

message 25: by Tom (new)

Tom Maria wrote: "Oh Yeah, I forgot about Goosebumps I will have tp pick one of those up for him!!"

She was addictedsd whenever we went anywhere, shore, Florida mountains we had to go to local book store searching for one of the issues she didn't have. That was after we bought everything ebay had. I think she finally did get them all.

message 26: by AJ (new) - rated it 4 stars

AJ Great review Alexis!!

Maria Awesome Review Alexis!!!!:)

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus OOO this sounds great! Great review... convinced me to try it!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Kellie wrote: "OOO this sounds great! Great review... convinced me to try it!"
This book will take u through a lot of emotions Kellie. It was written well! Can't wait to chat after u read this:)

message 31: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Great review Alexis!!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Joy wrote: "Great review Alexis!!"

Thanks Joy! I loved this book and I cannot wait for Dirty Red bk2!!!:)

message 33: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Oh, me too! It took me some time to get my emotions in check on this one, so I can only imagine what Dirty Red is going to do to me!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Hahahaha I kno right! I read a spoiler from Dirty Red and was left speechless! You can get the link on Tarryn's page, it's to a forum for her 3 books in this series:)

message 35: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Yes, I read it! Did you see that I commented that I can't wait until April of 2013, and this was Tarryn's exact words...
Tarryn wrote: "It won't be April, ladies. I hit the half way mark a few days ago and I've only been working since the middle of May. I'll keep everyone updated."

That's what I'm talking about!

message 36: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy I really liked your comment about Leah...I can't stand her, but your right, I don't know if it's more out of admiration or I just plain hate the bitch! I think I just plain hate her...

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Whaaaaat!!! I am so HYPE right now! I'll be joining that forum when I get back to my pc:) *fingers crossed* for more spoilers!!!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Joy wrote: "I really liked your comment about Leah...I can't stand her, but your right, I don't know if it's more out of admiration or I just plain hate the bitch! I think I just plain hate her..."

message 39: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Alexis wrote: "Whaaaaat!!! I am so HYPE right now! I'll be joining that forum when I get back to my pc:) *fingers crossed* for more spoilers!!!"

Exciting!!

message 40: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy Alexis wrote: Hahahahahahaha I can dig it. I think my feelings took a turn when I found out that she signed those papers knowing the reults/effects of the drugs. It really showed off her greed and malicious ways without a true regard for human life. Evil, right?!?

Exactly...why Caleb would stay with someone so awful I'll never know, but he's a glutton for punishment. Dirty Red will be interesting. I'm curious to see what's going to happen with Oliva and Noah?

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Perfect words "glutton for Punishment". I love Noah I cannot wait for more of him and Olivia!

message 42: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy I agree! As far as I'm concerned he saved her from herself, taught her to love and except love!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Yes! So true! I was so happy she met him I really loved the ending tho others may not it was just so well written

message 44: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy You're right...at first, I was bummed because I'm so used to the main characters ending up together, right or wrong, but it ended exactly how it should have. It was extremely well-written. I could honestly talk about this dam book all night...shoot, I have isssues!

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Hahahahahahahaha that makes two of us:D hahahahahaha!!!!

message 46: by Joy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joy : )

Louise wow what a review,..it seems that it ended like the film 'my best friends wedding'? *sigh

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* This was such a good book...Some people did not like the ending, I did. And I cannot wait til bk 2.

Sanaa You sold me, I put it in my tbr pile. Great review, stopped before the spoilers :)

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!* Sanaa wrote: "You sold me, I put it in my tbr pile. Great review, stopped before the spoilers :)"

Awesome! Book 2 will be out soon..on the 28th I believe.
Prepare yourself this book will wreck you.

« previous 1