Amanda K's Reviews > The Springsweet

The Springsweet by Saundra Mitchell

Apr 21, 12

bookshelves: 2012-books, ya, series, own-finished-copy
Read from April 18 to 21, 2012

Also reviewed on my blog, The Vintage Bookworm. (www.vintagebookworm.blogspot.com)

I was really excited to spring back into this world after reading The Vespertine, even though I didn't absolutely love the first book. Also, with the ending, I was kind of upset when I found out that Amelia wouldn't be the narrator in this book, but also a bit intrigued. I really liked Zora in the first book.

After a while, I got sucked in. Zora changed a lot since the first book, due to her loss, but I really like the change in her. I was really sad for her in the beginning of the book, but after a while she met two guys who could potentially be the one after Thomas.

When I wasn't reading this book, I was thinking about it. Historical Romance is definitely one of my favorite genres now. I've liked what I've read of Historical Romance, but I haven't read that much of it, but I definitely will be now! I love the late 1800s, with all the courting and seasons. It's so romantic! Imagine if we were back in that time period and a kiss was either a ruin or a way of marking someone as your own. Sealing your fate with a kiss! It's so romantic! Gah!

The writing and descriptions were so beautiful. They painted a vivid picture in my mind and I was so sucked in that I didn't even see anything in the world around me! The chapters are so long it seems, but so much happens and the book seems longer than 275 pages, which isn't a bad thing. It as really good with this book!

I want more! I want more Zora and Emerson, and I'm so happy with the last line on the book! But at the same time I was like, "IT CAN'T END LIKE THIS!!". I'm really looking forward to what is going to happen in the third book. There isn't a summary or anything yet on it, so I'll definitely be looking out for that, but I really hope it's with Amelia and Zora! If it's another narrator, I think I may cry and be very upset.

Zora is definitely my favorite of the two! And gah, I'm so intrigued by these random magics that are in these books. In the first book, Amelia has a gift of seeing into the future at sunset, and in this book Zora finds an infinity for water, which is AWESOME. And another special someone, I'm not saying who, has an infinity for the earth and can make flowers, and gardens grow!

Overall, this was a really great book. I really enjoyed it and I'm very eager to find out about the third book. I wish it was out. I don't have the luxury of finishing one and starting on the next anymore. If you like historical romance, this is definitely the series for you! =)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Springsweet.

04/19/2012 page 74
27.0% "Is it weird that I gave the last book a three star, but I'm happy to be back in this world? This one is from Zora's point-of-view!"
04/20/2012 page 138
50.0% "Theo...or Emerson? I don't know who I like more! Gah!!...Must read more."