Misty's Reviews > It's Not Summer Without You

It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han

Aug 08, 12

bookshelves: recieved-for-review, own
Read from August 01 to 03, 2012

I really enjoyed book one, The summer I turned pretty, so I was grateful I had book two to start right away.
It's not summer without you was just as good as it's predecessor, Jenny Han has a good knack for writing something that flows so easily you don't even realise you've reached the end until there are no more words.
This picks up the next summer following the previous book, so it's a year later but as with the first one the chapters go back and forth between the present and the near past, I really liked that this theme had been kept in this book, it made it fit well within the series.
Belly has started growing up, though she is still a little immature sometimes, aren't we all lol but I still love her, she's a great character whom I wish I could be friends with.
There were also a few chapters from Jeremiah's point of view that really insightful into his feelings, I'm still team Conrad all the way right now but both boys have their qualities, I really cannot wait to see who she ends up with and what will become of the other boy, on to book three!

Favourite quotes

'When I got home, my mother was so mad. But I didn't regret it. I never regretted it, not for one second. How do you regret one of the best nights of your entire life? You don't. You remember every word, every look. Even when it hurts, you still remember.'

'This is what people meant when they said the earth stopped turning. It felt like a world outside of that car, that moment, didn't exist. It was just us.'
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It's Not Summer Without You.

08/01/2012 page 1