Delia's Reviews > Dark Kiss

Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen

Apr 18, 2012

Read in April, 2012

I was lucky enough to score a copy of Dark Kiss through Netgalley. Sometimes Netgalley reads can be hit or miss but this one was definitely a hit for me. Dark Kiss is just the kind of YA I really enjoy.
First off the story is written in an intelligent fashion. Even though the main character is a 17 year old girl, she is not made to have an annoyingly stereotypical vocabulary. For me this is where many decent YA stories go wrong. Some authors try to dumb down the characters to make them seem more like teenagers. I may not be a teenager, but I can't imagine 16 and 17 years olds like to read stories that make their age bracket sound like morons. Michelle Rowen did an excellent job creating believable teenagers, who I actually liked and felt bad for.
OK I'll get down off my soap box now and get back to why Dark Kiss is worth the read.
Now maybe I just haven't read a large amount of Angel/Demon novels but the way the author has the Angels and Demons working as a team is completely different from anything I've read so far. I really liked the whole Ying and Yang feel. I would have to guess something pretty sinister in lurking about if Heaven and Hell have decided to team up.
Sam finds herself in the middle of what could be an epic battle, but she has no idea why. What starts as a chance encounter turns her whole world upside down. To make matter worse, or better, Sam finds that she is drawn to the strange boy she meets sitting on a park bench. Should she trust him? Can she trust anyone? The whole novel was so fast paced that I could not put it down. I really can't wait till the next one comes out. Of course since this one isn't actually out till May 22 I am going to have to wait a bit.
My suggestion to you is put in that pre-order today. You will be glad you did!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Kiss.