Night's Reviews > A Lot like Love

Apr 18, 12

liked it
Read from April 17 to 18, 2012 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert **

I generally like the whole "You're so annoying, I hate you, but you're kinda hot and I want to bang you" trope. Especially when characters are thrust together for reasons beyond their control. I really liked Jordan Rhodes character a lot. She is tough, independent and taught me a lot about wine. ;)

Nick McCall, on the other hand was too cookie-cutter "tough guy" for me. His "rules" that he wouldn't bend kind of made him seem like an ignorant jackass rather than a "manly man". There isn't a lot of buildup to their transistion into lovers either. One minute they're snarking at each other and the next, they're in love. Otherwise, this was a nice, fun read.

I also found the constant refernces to pop culture (dancing with the stars, Lost, 24 etc.) REALLY, REALLY annoying. I hate that stuff, because it dates a book fast. It also wasn't cute in the slightest. I don't think I could stand reading anymore of the "Sawyer" jokes, so I will probably pass on the next book in this series which features Kyle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lot like Love.