Kim D's Reviews > Explosive Eighteen

Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich

Apr 18, 12

I have to say that my expectations really weren't that great for this book, but when I sat down to read it, I did get excited. My excitement quickly waned and I was left disappointed yet again.

The explanation of what happened in Hawaii with Stephanie, Ranger and Morelli was way overdue in the book and lame. There was room for real growth in this book and the author did not take advantage of it at all. This could have been the perfect time for her to make a decision about who she wants to be with. I feel like as a reader I continue to mature and the characters in this story just don't. I have a hard time believing that either man is that enamored of her anymore.

There are a few somewhat funny moments, but no laugh out loud ones. And please, can we put Lula back to supporting character? There is way to much of her and her silliness. She actually makes Stephanie look dumb, and she doesn't really need any help there.

For those long time fans, this is just a quick read with no real development. I know the author started out as a romance novelist and she seems to be reverting to that genre. These stories are no longer about the actual case, drama, action - they are more about how silly can we make these people be and how many men can Stephanie sleep with? I am no prude, but this isn't the type of book I want to read that in - we have Erotica and Romance for that topic.

I will probably continue to read future books, only because I cannot give up completely on this author or these characters. Somebody, please shake me and make me stop.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Explosive Eighteen.