Margot Note's Reviews > The Dark Side of Disney

The Dark Side of Disney by Leonard Kinsey

Apr 18, 12

Read in April, 2012

I found out a lot of information on how to improve my next visit to Walt Disney World!
Here's what I can add from my experiences:
1) The best time to go is early September, when children are back in school. I was at Magic Kingdom and Epcot Center on the tenth anniversary of 9/11, and it was vacant except for some European tourists.
2) $100 cash is yours for the taking. In my naiveté, I didn’t understand that a free breakfast and a timeshare presentation meant that a woman would try to wear me down while I drank black coffee and ate a banana. I left, but not without a guilt trip and a warning that I’d have to return the money, which they have no way of reinforcing. I hustled the hustlers!
3) The most cathartic moment of my life: having a breakdown at Epcot, due to heat, overstimulation, bad food, a cold, and post-family-visit blues. I was so scared that security would drag me away for crying too hard that I started hysterically laughing! I was mellow for the rest of the day.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Side of Disney.