Elizabeth B's Reviews > White Witch

White Witch by Trish Milburn

Apr 18, 2012

it was ok
Read in March, 2012

This seems to be one of the more polarizing YA titles out there lately. Either you absolutely love it or find it so-so (few people I’ve talked to actually hate it) so it’s definitely one that you should probably check out from the library and decide for yourself on. Personally, I found the plot a bit clichéd and didn’t care much for the main character. The book moved rather quickly, though, so that made it easier. My biggest problem with the book was more from a librarian’s perspective rather than a reader. The audience for this novel is just not specific enough. The book is written in a style for a very young YA reader but contains content for an older audience. It contains references that most kids in that age group won’t understand (such as the Joss Whedon ones). This book will be very hard to place in the correct hands so that the reader gets the most out of the novel. I hope that the second book is more definitive and chooses one audience (older or younger YA) so that the book can find an appropriate home.

ARC Galley Proof
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read White Witch.