Meg Mccormick's Reviews > Let's Pretend This Never Happened

Let's Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny  Lawson

Apr 23, 2012

Read from April 18 to 21, 2012

OMG. This book is a real win for Jenny Lawson! She manages to tell the stories that she says made her who she is today with a whole lot of humor and a generous sprinkling of humility. I was reading it on a crowded subway train and trying so hard not to laugh out loud at parts that I am sure my fellow commuters thought I was crying or having a seizure or something.

Please know, while there are many areas where I found myself bellylaughing, there are also a couple of chapters where Jenny's trademark sense of humor is used simply to help the author deal with a very difficult situation. There are a couple of these, and I imagine it took her a lot of courage to share them. And to keep going in spite of them. These made me respect one of my favorite bloggers even more than I did before. (And I don't just say that because I, too, make a living in the field of Human Resources.)

If you like The Bloggess, you will love this book, and if you're anything like me, you'll finish it with your fingers crossed that Jenny is already at work on the next one. And then you'll want to go buy a big metal chicken.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Pretend This Never Happened.

04/18/2012 page 30
9.0% "I don't know what page I'm on; I'm reading it on my Kindle. I owe apologies to my fellow commuters on Tuesday morning's Red Line Train in to DC - I was unable to stifle my laughter. Jenny Lawson is a brilliant writer. Hilarious!"