Shayna Gier's Reviews > H.E.A.R.T. Saga ~ The Children

H.E.A.R.T. Saga ~ The Children by Linna Drehmel

Apr 18, 12

Read in April, 2012

What I Loved:

I really loved the pace of this story. It was easy to get into, and the story was fascinating. In some ways it was super-short, in other ways it was complex and long.
What I Didn't Like:

I understand it's how this world works and all, but the pre-name thing really did get tiresome after a while. Especially when sometimes they would use the proper name, and other times their "birth name" in which the pre-name was dropped. Also, could use another round of edits.
My Overall Rating:

(3 of 5 Stars): Interesting read

I was really excited to read H.E.A.R.T. Saga: The Children. I think it was the lure of the "perfect world" and how I love utopian/dystopian books. I don't know if I'd classify this book as either, though... more on the fantasy/sci-fi/futuristic line I think. Anyways, the book wasn't bad at all- though it could use another run-through of edits as it kept switching back and forth from the present tense to the past tense in a way that I don't think was intended at all. Other than that, it was a good book. Original, and engaging, I think the main problem is that I was just way too excited to read it and it just doesn't hold up to what I was expecting in my mind. It happens.

I'd recommend this book if you like science fiction and futuristic books.

Disclaimer:
This book was provided for me at no charge, nor was I given compensation
of any kind for this review. This review only reflects my personal opinion.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read H.E.A.R.T. Saga ~ The Children.