Alyssa's Reviews > Taken at Dusk

Taken at Dusk by C.C. Hunter

Apr 18, 12

bookshelves: fairys-faeries, pnr, pnr-ghosts, pnr-shapeshifter, pnr-vampires, pnr-witches, young-adult
Read on April 17, 2012

I'm seeing a pattern: ghost shows up at the end of the book, only to be followed up in the next book. Continuous cliffhanger!

I enjoyed this book more than I did the second. Finally, no more dragging on with the "What is Kylie game?" But there's plenty of drama regarding Kylie's love triangle with Derek and Lucas.

In book two, Kylie was indecisive in wanting to be with Derek because of her desire for Lucas. In book three, although Kylie is now with Lucas, she's torn over her lingering feelings for Derek. Whereas Lucas represents passion and adventure, Derek embodies safety and security. Derek understands her ghost-whispering abilities while Lucas seems repulsed and doesn't understand Kylie's desire to help the spirits.

One of Kylie's main reservations regarding Lucas is that his pack is against their relationship. Lucas, who comes from a line of pure-blood werewolves, is expected to marry a werewolf. Also, Fredericka's close relationship to Lucas causes Kylie to feel extremely insecure.

In between Kylie's indecisiveness regarding the two boys, she's also being tracked down by the villain from last novel, Mario, and his grandson Red. Plus, there's the secondary-character drama to deal with, mainly Perry and Miranda and Holiday and Burnett. On top of the presence of yet another confused (and impossible to comprehend) ghost, Kylie is kept busy dealing with her new powers, which seem to keep on expanding (view spoiler)

I'll be interested to see what happens when the camp finally turns into a boarding school...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taken at Dusk.