♥ Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness's Reviews > Callie's Heart

Callie's Heart by Kathleen Ball

3209146
May 01, 12

Read from April 29 to May 01, 2012

Callies Heart ( Lasso Springs #1)

I can’t say I often see a book and buy it on a whim, but this was pretty much what happened here. I keep seeing this book on Facebook and it just kept tempting me. So for the first time, I bought a book from Amazon on a chance. Turned out, it wasn’t too bad after all.

Callies Heart is a Western Romance that will have you one moment clicking the pages on your kindle faster than you can imagine, then the next have you huffing at the H/H for being down right stupid. It’s a story of love, hate, fear, murder, longing, family roots and obligations. Callie and Garret are bound together through contract and the soil that ties their ranches together.

Garret and Callie married before Callies mother died out of obligation so that Callie could keep their ranch their own. Callie then takes off to College for four years and when she gets back wants to make her marriage to Garrett a real one. What she didn’t expect to come home to was a murder investigation, attempted murder and a husband who can’t make his mind up.

Carrie is head over heels in love with Garrett and heck, he loves her right back but the two are just so stubborn!! I was smothering my screams of frustration at these two in my pillows at night trying not to wake my husband. When Garret wanted to explain something to Callie that got her riled up, she wouldn’t listen and kept running away and sobbing into her pillow. This happened repeatedly and although Carrie is a grown woman, it made her seem like a childish teenager who wasn’t getting her way.

Garret is obviously the head smart one of the pair but even so, this one makes so might dumb moves throughout the book that cause more heart ache than good. But saying all this, the two and throw between these two are what made the romance its own. They fought their battles, fought side by side and overcame hurdles that most more than likely wouldn’t.

The story had a really good mystery aspect to it that I wasn’t expecting. It was well written and had me guessing the whole book. When it was all revealed I couldn’t believe it. Most books you get the idea who the bad guy is, but in this story the author ends up making you suspicious of everyone.

It really is a book that throws you through a loop, has you loving and hating the characters and making you want more sooner rather than later.

Next book is released in September 2012 – this will be on my TBR list.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Callie's Heart.