Jessica(WonderlandReviews)'s Reviews > Circus of the Damned

Circus of the Damned by Laurell K. Hamilton

The word is out that Anita is Jean-Claude's human servant, and that he wants to talk to her. Anita, while fetching information on a police case, meets up with an informant at a well known vampire bar, where it becomes clear that the new master of the city is requesting her presence.

In this book, Anita comes face to face a creature she though extinct.

I want to point out once again the amount of research I am sure that has to go in these books, the fact that she takes enough time to do it really reflects in her story and how well it is put together.

This is also the book where Anita and Richard meet, and boy, when they have to explain where they first saw each other, I wish I could see their faces because it is a doozy.

Anita is caught between two master vampires, both of which want her as a servant because of her power as not only an animator but as a necromancer, a rarity the cause of which is revealed later on in the series.

It never fails to provide kick butt fight scene's, sarcastic sassy scene's that make your lips twitch with amusement and the kick in the gut as a relationship starts.

Unlike in some books where the main characters fall in love within the first five chapters, Laurell K. Hamilton gives them time to actually date and get to know each other and their history.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Circus of the Damned.