Samantha's Reviews > First Impressions

First Impressions by Debra White Smith

Apr 28, 12

bookshelves: adult, books-i-own, chick-lit, jane-austen, plays, reviewed, romance, religious, texas
Recommended for: Romantics, Pride and Prejudice fans who love Texas
Read from April 17 to 27, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Where oh where to begin? Pride & Prejudice is one of my favorite novels and I just love Texas (best state ever!), so when my mom gave me this book to use for my senior project, I was more than thrilled.

The characters were excellently depicted and had many aspects to them that made them incredibly realistic. The setting was perfect. I lovehow the checkpoints with the play they are working on coincide withthe events as they occur.

A lot of the little details are what made this book so comparable to Jane Austen's original novel. Everything was done with the perfect modern touch. This book is absolutely brilliant on every plane. At every turn I felt myself unable to tear away from it.

My favorite part had to Dave's improvisation towards the end of the play/book. It was so perfect!!! Needless to say, this will be a book that I frequently revisit due to its wonderful ability to bring Pride & Prejudice and Texas together. This is a book that every romantic needs to read, even if they've never read Pride & Prejudice. =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read First Impressions.

04/17/2012 page 78
24.0% "the identity is revealed....muahaha---I love P&P Texas style =)"
04/27/2012 page 198
61.0% "Ooh....Sammy likey lol"
04/28/2012 page 327
100.0% "Ooh....Sammy likey lol"
04/28/2012
100.0% "Ooh....Sammy likey lol"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia love the muahaha :O)

Samantha I'm one lab experiment away from being a super villain ;)

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHA

Samantha Lol seems like you are too....

message 5: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria Too many muahahas

message 6: by Patricia (new)

Patricia There can never be too many mauahahas :O)

message 7: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria You misspelled muahahas. >:(

11:19 PM

Samantha Alexandria wrote: "You misspelled muahahas. >:(

11:19 PM"

Too bad, get over it! Cause you're NOT the grammar police. "Officer, officer, my mom misspelled muahahaha!" NO...we don't do that lol

message 9: by Alexandria (new)

Alexandria Samantha wrote: "Alexandria wrote: "You misspelled muahahas. >:(

11:19 PM"

You're just playing with me. I'm picky. Besides mom is my TEACHER not my student who needs to learn how to spell. Isn't that right mom? >:)

4/30/12