Emily's Reviews > Stray

Stray by Andrea K. Höst

Apr 18, 12

Read in April, 2012

I found this book through the Kindle top-selling free books, and I'm so glad I decided to download it!

Stray has a very strong heroine that is scared, but not whiny and determined, but not a master of anything. She is tossed into a new world, saved by people who come to support her, but does not immediately (or ever in this book) excel in this foreign world. Cass is not a Mary Sue, but is very easy to relate to, especially since the book's written in the style of her diary. There's not too much (if any) romance, the adventure is exciting and new, and the plot is paced well. Cass is an every-girl.

This is the sort of book that I would've loved when I was in intermediate/middle school because of how I would relate to Cass; it's a great YA book, though I enjoyed it as an adult without having to 'think down' too much. I've started reading the sequel "Lab Rat One" and am very pleased that there's a third part to the trilogy and an epilogue. I'm also very interested in reading the author's other works.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stray.