Justin's Reviews > Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick

Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber

Apr 17, 2012

Read on April 17, 2012

Wow, what a ride. Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick is one of the most enjoyable books I have read in quite awhile. That book is crazy, I don't even know the best way to describe it. It really reminded me of the TV show Chuck for some reason, but with a different type of twist. It's just an extremely entertaining book.

I really, really loved the concept of this book. As you're reading the book, it's like you're reading all these answers to different college application questions being answered by Perry. And that concept actually reminded me a lot of the movie "21" and I just really enjoy how it helps the story play out. It was really interesting to see how things played out between Perry and Gobi, and figuring out why she came to live with their family as a foreign exchange student. I did feel like things were a little to fast paced though, which I guess I can understand since it is a shorter book. Just think there were a few things throughout the book that could of been explained a little better. I can't really complain to much though, because as a whole it's a very good story.

Talk about some crazy characters. I am finding it hard to describe them. I've already talked about how entertaining of a story this was, but the characters turned this book into a gem. The chemistry between Perry and Gobi is amazing, while it might not be so much on the romantic side it is a great relationship. When he finds out about her, and is stuck in the middle of everything he really buckles down and does what he has to do to make certain situations have the best possible outcome. Joe does an epic job of explaining everything about the characters in a short amount of time.

The ending was a toss up for me. While I liked how part of it played out, I was really left wanting a little more. Maybe it's just because I enjoyed the book so much, but I was really hoping for more of a closure when it came to the ending. Don't get me wrong, things are wrapped up. It's just the way certain things play out that leaves you really wanting to know what happens next for everyone.

I was really impressed with this book as a whole. Only real issue I had was the ending, I just really enjoyed the story and wanted to see a little more of an ending then what we got. It left me with a feeling that it could possibly turn out to be a series, but I can't find any information to support that. I would really love it was to be a series though, it would be a blast to follow along with these characters again. I really hope you all will check out this book though, it's truly awesome. As I have said, I am probably being a little critical with my rating and ideas about the ending, but it's only because I enjoyed the story so much. It's well worth picking up if you're looking for a short and extremely enjoyable read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick.