Eve's Reviews > The Invisible Hands - Part 1: Gambit

The Invisible Hands - Part 1 by Andrew Ashling

Dec 04, 13

Read in January, 2012

This was much better than I expected! I really enjoyed the first trilogy - Invisible Chains - however even though it ended beautifully, there were so many moving pieces to the story that I half expected Invisible Hands to start out as a plotting mess. It's not. This book is instead both brilliantly plotted and well paced, and was a pleasure to read throughout.

The key characters all played out central components of the ongoing story, and Ehandar and Anaxants continue to be fascinating. I particularly injoyed a subplot wtih Rullio. A couple of interesting new characters were introduced and I expect they'll be further developed in book 2 of this trilogy.

To get the most out of this book, I think it's best to start at the beginning of Invisible Chains and read the 4 books in order. Will be looking forward to the next one!
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Invisible Hands - Part 1.

Emma Sea I have nearly started this series many times. It was the names that have put me off to date. So many Xs; Anaxantis, prince of Ximerion. I shall move it up the pile.

message 2: by Eve (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve It is fun - and the narrator, "Randamor the Recluse," cracked me up - a story-telling pervert!