Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)'s Reviews > Dark Passage

Dark Passage by M.L. Woolley

Apr 17, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary, christian, paranormal, review-book
Read on April 26, 2012

Dark Passage is a gripping story and I finished it in one day! The story felt magnetic and I could not stop reading it! It is told from several different point of views and that was confusing to me at first, because I didn't know we had changed to a different character's POV. For future books, I think putting the character's name at the top of the page would help clear up that confusion. I really appreciated the different views from each character though, it really helped to round out the story.

Dark Passage is ultimately about good versus evil. A great battle is looming between the two sides. Which side will each character choose? This gripping story will have you uptight and maybe a bit anxious, until you finish the book! Will Jen be united with her soul mate and will good ultimately win over evil? The dark parts of this book were a bit dark for my taste. Reading about certain ritual sacrifices for the evil side were hard for me to stomach. However, they were not too descriptive, I am just more sensitive to violence than some people. That said, I was totally dumbfounded when the author dropped the "f-bomb" in the middle of the book. I felt it was completely out of place and not necessary to the story. For a book that discusses angels, God and the ultimate good, it seemed uncalled for. For those reasons I gave it four stars out of five. An overall great read, Dark Passage will not disappoint! I am anxious to see how things work out in the next book in the series!

UPDATE: Since posting my review the author has contacted me and informed me that the "f-bomb" has been taken out of both the Kindle version and the paperback version of the book!

I received this book for free.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Passage.

04/26/2012 "I am 67% through already. I like this book, the story has drawn me in but it may be a little too dark for me. I will just have to wait and see."