Vivian's Reviews > The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Apr 17, 2012

Recommended to Vivian by: Greta

Very compelling. There was a lot of exposition in the first several chapters, but I almost read the last half of the book in one sitting (needed a mental and emotional break by the time I got to the last quarter of the book). Others may point out holes in the story but I'm not the type; I just want to be taken along for a ride. This was a good one to start with since I am trying to read more books again this year, after taking 2 years to read the last book I finished.
2 likes · flag

Linda We enjoyed the sequels and the Swedish version of the first 2 books. Due to see the me version of Dragon Tattoo. Have you seen the movie?

Vivian I have not, and I'm not sure I will. I don't do well with violence in movies (but for some reason it's OK in books. I think I have too vivid a visual memory).

Jennifer Henry Chuck and I both enjoyed the books. When we watched the films I found I had to leave the room during the graphic scenes of sexual violence. He'd call me back in when the scene was over.

message 4: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Harris I feel the same way you do about book vs. movie violence. Getting through the first few chapters was a real chore, but I couldn't put it down after that either. The whole trilogy is gripping.