Connie Strong's Reviews > Judy Moody Goes to College

F_50x66
Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: transitional-reader
Read in April, 2012

** spoiler alert ** "Judy Moody", by Megan McDonald, is a short novel that tells a great story of persistence. Judy Moody is really having trouble with her math in school. This a problem that many students can relate too, as many students do not have an easy time with math. Judy's teacher Mrs.Grossman leaves for a little bit and when a new teacher comes in Judy does not like her as much. She starts to not pay attention in math class and her new teacher sends home a note that said she needed a tutor. So Judy went to local college to get tutored by a college student. She looks up to this college student in an obsessive way, which angers her friends. This is exactly what Judy ended up needing. The college tutor made math fun for her. In the end Mr. Todd comes back to teach math and Judy passes her test!

This really makes me think about how I will be as a teacher in the future. If I notice that some students are not getting the material, it may not be that they are not understanding the material. It may be the way I am teaching them. I must cater to the needs of all the students and be able to use this in my classroom for students such as Judy. I really enjoyed this book and want to read more books from this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Judy Moody Goes to College.