Daniel's Reviews > Revan

Revan by Drew Karpyshyn

M 50x66
Apr 17, 2012

bookshelves: currently-reading

So far this is a really good book. I've seen a lot of other reviews that has just ripped this book to shred, but as of right now, I don't see anything wrong with it.
The story so far is split into two major plots. The first one is of a Sith named Lord Scourge who is investigating a series of assassination attempts on a member of the dark council and gets himself in another intricate plot to over throw another person, who shall remain nameless as to not spoil the plot. Full of action at a fast light saber swinging pace. It even briefly goes into some Sith martial arts forms.
The second plot revolves around the character Raven- a former Jedi general who was victorious in the Mandalorian Wars, he defeated Mandalor and is linked to a dark past that he cant seem to figure out! All he knows is that he is having dreams and is trying to figure out what the dreams are trying to tell him. He also meets up with Candorous, I believe he was the Mandalorian from the video game, but its been years since I played it. This part of the book is exceptionally cool as it goes in detail, to the depths of the Mandalorian culture and ways. I found this to be very exciting as there isn't much out there that goes into this particular subject, one of my favorite cultures in the Star Wars universe. It explains how important the Mandalor's mask is to uniting the all the warring Mandalorian clans scattered through space.
This is as far as I've read so far and cannot wait to finish the book to see how the two main characters paths finally cross. What a fight that's gonna be!! So far this book is very, very good and I would highly recommend it to any one interested in learning more about the Mandalorian culture, Jedi/Sith politics and some of the early Star Wars battles and history.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revan.