DarienMoya's Reviews > The Fifth Son

The Fifth Son by Blaine D. Arden

May 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012-reads, favorites, my-m-m-lovin, m-m-short-stories, release-2012, tie-me-up-and-use-me, pants-off-reviews
Read from April 29 to May 02, 2012

Llyskel likes to paint and he does it in abundance, since he has no other duties as a fifth son and prince in his family. His life is even more dull because he is magic less in a world filled with magic. He is doted on by his parents, and protected like a newborn because he has no way to protect himself. So Llyskel spends his time painting, and watching his brothers and soldiers train. There is that odd time when he gets to spend a little time by himself but it takes a bit of scheming and hoping he isn’t caught by his brothers or guards. In that solitude, Llyskel can think about Ariv, the man who turns him on like no other.

Ariv is a Captain of his father’s army, and he alone knows the desire that lies with Llyskel's heart. Together the men discover an explosive passion, and it sets the course for life changing events for Llyskel. There is more that meets the eye when it comes to the fifth son, and he will discover his confidence and uniqueness in the arms of the man he so longed desired.

What a surprising short this one turned out to be. It brought the sexy, a little action, and romance. That one hell of a combination and with the magic it was just down right entertaining. I really enjoyed Llyskel, he embodied youth with the right amount naiveté and maturity. Love him and Ariv together they were so hot and did some surprising things in the bedroom 'you naughty boys'. There is a bit of drama and enough characterization to keep the reader engaged and helps with keeping the story from falling flat. Taking Llyskel out of his comfort, and offers him the chance to blossom on his own.

Overall, I really liked it and I am surprised. Blaine is really good at creating a fantasy world and interesting unforgettable characters. I am peeved it wasn’t longer, but that seems to happen to all the good books. They are never enough, but I believe my pants are quite thankful.

More of my reviews and ramblings at PANTS OFF REVIEWS

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fifth Son.

05/02/2012 page 12
20.0% "OH! O__O"
05/02/2012 page 38
63.0% "I love this! My smile has been permanently on my face since I started. *fist pump*"