Karen's Reviews > Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Sep 10, 12

bookshelves: favorites, netgalley, hot-boys-galore, can-i-marry-this-book
Read on August 14, 2012

Review also posted on my blog : http://cheerfulreviews.blogspot.com/2...

Note : I would like to thank Simon & Schuster, Inc. for this on NetGalley !

Nitty Gritty

I have no idea how I'm going to write a review on this book. It was just so freaking good. Holy cow! Well.. here we go! Beautiful Disaster is a book about Abby- a freshman in college who left Kansas to start a new life for herself away from her family. She ends up meeting (hotsexyamazing) Travis, the school player and bad boy with an extreme temper- Abby finds herself falling for him but knows he is exactly what she is trying to avoid. Instead of getting involved, they form this amazing friendship. It was just great, I think thats why I loved this book so much. The romance was built up so perfectly and came together so perfectly.

I was pulled into Abby's life from the very first page. It was so interesting and fun and I just could not put it down! I had my butt glued to my bed reading on my computer (which I hate, so I think thats saying something) for the whole day without going anywhere! The plot was great, no matter if it is overused or not. Jamie did amazing with it.

I just loved the characters, Abby had her faults but I really liked her. She was a very real person and all the faults and decisions she made had reasons behind them. Travis... what to say about this perfectly imperfect boy? (I loved him so much, I honestly wished I could just jump into that book and take him for myself! D:) He was a player in the beginning, yes. & He slept with a ton of women and never once had a relationship with them. Until he met Abby. Or as he likes to call her, 'Pigeon'. Now this isn't any insta-love bull, Travis obviously met Abby and thought of getting in her pants and Abby knew it and didn't fall for it. Instead, they became friends- or best friends pretty much. They clicked so well and the way they both relied on each other was just.. wonderful to read about. And the love that formed between them was real. (I am so sick of reading books where the main character meets someone and they instantly fall in love and make out. It's such a turn off.. ) I also loved the side characters, America was such a great friend to Abby. Seriously, she had that girls back all the time, and wasn't afraid to tell her when she was just being plain stupid.

I really don't think I can honestly tell you how much I loved this book. It's been compared a lot to 50 Shades of Grey lately, and I'm not going to lie, I've read 50 shades of Grey- whatever. I did like it, but Beautiful Disaster is just.. I don't know, I don't really think it's that much like it. Sure it has similarities but they are both very different. I think Travis relates to Christian in some ways but he is definitely not the same person. 50 Shades and Beautiful Disaster were both very two different books and deserve to be treated that way.

In all

Definitely going in my top favorites shelf. No doubt about it. First thing tomorrow I am going to target and getting this freaking book so I can read it a million times! It. was. so. amazing. Usually when I'm reading a book and I get to the end I'm ready for it to finish, but this one. I almost cried because it was finished. I would be perfectly fine if Jamie made this book 2,000 pages because I would devour every single page over and over again until my eyes started to bleed.

I would recommend this to people who like a hot contemporary romance. (I HATE TO SAY THIS, I DO.) (And like boys similar to Christian Grey.) IM GOING TO SAY THIS AGAIN SO YOU ALL UNDERSTAND, Travis is extremely different from Christian. He obviously isn't into BDSM, he has an awesome sense of humor, and he just.. isn't as intense. I don't know, I loved Travis . I even made him My Book Boyfriend this week. I'm rambling, I'm sorry. I loved it, I hope you do too.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Disaster.

08/14/2012 page 188
44.0% "Seriously, Abby? ):< REALLY?"
08/14/2012 page 263
61.0% "Poor Abby. :("
08/14/2012 page 350
81.0% "Can they just make up already.. jesus."