Greg's Reviews > Preparedness 101: A Zombie Pandemic

Preparedness 101 by Bob Hobbs

Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: conspiracies-ohmy, comics, i-walked-with-a-zombie-rawr, girls-girls-girls
Read on April 17, 2012

Fact: Zombies are fictional monsters. Right?

If they are fictional, then why has the Center for Disease Control published a comic book about how to survive a zombie pandemic? But, they say that it's just a fun way of teaching people about emergency preparedness using a popular theme. Right, like we believe that one.

Zombies are real! The Government is waiting to deploy and they are releasing information so that those in the know will be prepared. It's all here! The zombies will be used as a eugenic weapon that will then be miraculously 'cured' by a vaccine that the CDC just happens to be able to develop and deploy in less than a fortnight.

The Truth is out there!

(I added this tonight to Goodreads, this book really does exist and in the book information there is a link to the pdf for this comic book.)
18 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Preparedness 101.

karen ima read this tomorrow

Greg I hope it is not too late if you put off reading this till tomorrow. What if the zombies attack tonight?

karen i will feed them my chicken pot pie and read them bedtime stories.

Greg I didn't know zombies liked bed time stories.

karen i use dramatic voices.

Greg That is good to know! You never see them sleeping in movies now I know it is because there is no one reading to them.

karen i am going to go read myself a bedtime story now....

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I read this tonight, and it reminded me of those Christian comics, yet somehow dorkier?

Thanks for the heads up!

Greg It was quite dorky. I think my favorite part of it was how calmly he put his emergency preparedness kit together.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 17, 2012 09:11PM) (new)

Did you get the impression that some of the CDC dorks were actual dorks who work at the CDC? Some of the faces had that weird look when someone who isn't a great artist is trying to capture a likeness.

message 11: by Evan (new)

Evan Leach I cannot believe this is on the CDC website...

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I think it's kinda cute. Obviously, it's effective at getting their disaster preparedness message out to people who generally ignore the CDC.

message 13: by Greg (new) - rated it 3 stars

Greg I didn't catch that while reading it, but I think you might be right about that. The way the zombies are drawn in was pretty funny, or at least they didn't look very scary.

message 14: by [Name Redacted] (last edited Apr 17, 2012 11:13PM) (new) - added it

[Name Redacted] I can verify that the US military is currently regularly employing a variety of "zombie outbreak/apocalypse" scenarios for training exercises. It's been going on for the last decade or so. My relatives in the military have been thrilled; other career soldiers I know have been speaking about it with growing concern and in hushed tones.