Shannon (aka Readergirl)'s Reviews > Embrace

Embrace by Jessica Shirvington

Apr 17, 12

Read in April, 2012

When I first started reading this story, I was thinking, oh great, another angel story. It didn't take long, however, for me to realize that Jessica Shirvington has brought something really new and unique to the fallen angel type story. It isn't just fallen angels. There can be good ones and bad ones, but when they start working together, that's a problem.

The characterization in the story was skillfully done, and I felt like I really cared about them, including one character that you don't really know if he's bad or good. Violet was a great character, struggling with her new identity, but also doing what must be done. Some of her interactions with her Gregori partner were so sad, and I did want to smack her at times, but then there's a very good reason for some of the choices she makes with regard to him, and the way her feelings veered from one place to another with him.

And then there was another guy... I was so torn reading this book. It seems like a love triangle in the making, and I really loved both guys, despite the fact that one of them is rather questionable. You just couldn't help but like him, even though I did suspect for some time that he wasn't completely on the up and up.

The author did a fabulous job with this story, drawing me in, keeping me interested, and keeping me caring about the characters. The pacing was great and I found myself flying through the pages. I'm eagerly awaiting the next story from this author. A great YA debut.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Embrace.