Tom's Reviews > Slammed

Slammed by Colleen Hoover

May 18, 12

Read from May 17 to 18, 2012

I was so conflicted on rating this one that I’m going 4.5 but throwing in the 5th star.(5 star rating system on a site with nothing but readers is…ggrrr) The only reason there is any conflict because up unto 55-60% it was an easy pleasant read but it was very typical of too many YA books.( I was also coming off TBH so that didn’t help) But that last 40% WOW that was an intense read!! The characters are all likable and the storyline took a couple of turns that I didn’t see coming. Definitely an emotional read and I loved with how the author dealt with the tragedy.

If you haven’t read the book don’t peak at the spoiler there is nothing for you to see there.
(view spoiler)

No triangles just a love story about dealing with life situations with the help of friends and family that leaves you wanting to keep flipping pages. If you are on the fence just go for it. I could see how this might not make someone’s favorites but it won’t leave you regretting that you gave it a shot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slammed.

05/18/2012
84.0% "If nothing else this is a serious page turner."
05/18/2012
98.0% "The end..turn page blank...NOO..turn page epilogue...whew"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kristin (KC) Tom! 71% jeez! Im on page 20 lol... How is it?

message 2: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom I hope you enjoy. Not buddy read material for me. I usually need a buddy to put on their collar so I SCREAM at them in CAPITAL letters..haha. Non of that needed yet. I have no idea how that happened cause I was actually busy last night..lol. I like the characters and it moves pretty seamlessly. If it gets boring stay with it there's a twist.

Kristin (KC) Lol...Ok, sounds good. Glad you like so far! Thanks ;)

message 4: by Leslie (new) - added it

Leslie Hummm, Tom, I "think" you liked it! ;) Good review and you made me laugh with your spoiler alert warning! Ha!

Estelle (E) Just bought it.. I think that's going to be my next read..

message 6: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom Estelle wrote: "Just bought it.. I think that's going to be my next read.."

Enjoy! Have you avoided the spoilers or are you going in pretty blind?

Estelle (E) Tom wrote: "Estelle wrote: "Just bought it.. I think that's going to be my next read.."

Enjoy! Have you avoided the spoilers or are you going in pretty blind?"

I'm going there blind! ;-)
I read 1 review to see what it was about saw loads of stars in your review so I'm going for it! :-)

message 8: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom I hope you like it. *holding breath* It is definitely YA and takes a little while to get to meat of the story but i liked the way they handled a certain situation.

Are you done with Kate Daniels or just taking a break?

Estelle (E) I read the whole series back to back..
loved Kate's character..and Curran's but Fever still are my favorite!
I saw some pics of the graphic novel coming out this summer. it looks really good

message 10: by Tom (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tom Yeah I'm a fan of Karen's on facebook and stuff keeps hitting my feed. I don't mind the graphics that come over but I ignore all the excerpts because I'm already sold on the first book so why spoil anything? Not sure about the whole graphic novel thing but I'm definitely excited about the series. Kindle edition $14 not real excited about that though...haha

Estelle (E) Yeah me too. I see what you mean, I read 1 excerpt of Iced and I was glad to have the feeling of the same tone and universe of fever, but I should stop now too.