Kerfe's Reviews > The Book of Codes: Understanding the World of Hidden Messages: An Illustrated Guide to Signs, Symbols, Ciphers, and Secret Languages

The Book of Codes by Paul Lunde

412055
Apr 17, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction, visual-arts

This is a perfect coffee table book, to leave around and browse through from time to time.

I have to admit I didn't really read carefully all the text and information. I did look at all the illustrations though--everyone is sure to find something of interest, and also to learn or see something new. Actual ciphers and secret codes, language, writing, signing, signalling, magic, mysticism and religion, science and math, sociology, psychology, music, literature, art and war: all kinds of communication are covered.

Take a look and google away.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Codes.

message 1: by Karen (new)

Karen I read the book before I gave it to my son as a Christmas gift, as this is the sort of thing he really enjoys. I liked it enormously, which really surprised me, as it isn't my type of book. He got a great deal of enjoyment from it. Packed full of information in a very readable and interesting format. A great gift for anyone interested in codes, cybers, things of that nature.