Laura Cushing's Reviews > Junior's Leg: A Novel

Junior's Leg by Ken Wells

Apr 17, 12

Read in April, 2012

Junior, the bully from the first book in this series, is all grown up now and just as ornery as ever when the book starts. He's lost a leg, and drunk away all the money he received as settlement for the oil work accident he lost his leg in.

A kind albino girl named Iris Mary comes into Junior's life rather unexpectedly, and together they have some misadventures that change both of them.

I didn't expect to like Junior as much as I did, considering how he treated Meely and company growing up. But when you learn about his home life, and his thought process (he narrates Junior's leg), a lot of that seems to make sense. And in the end, he does make peace with Meely and his past- in a surprising way!

I love how this book tied up the series - even though it's the second book written, it's chronologically third and I'm glad I read it in that order.

Sadly, my library didn't have this book! I'd read (and loved) Meely LaBauve and Logan's Storm, and wanted to finish out the series. They had to do a very extensive interlibrary loan for me -- they finally found a copy in Tulane University's library. So thanks to the folks who sent it all the way to NJ for me to read.

When I can afford to, I want to buy my library a hardcover copy so they will have the complete set- I'd hate to think that other patrons will be reading the series and have to miss out on this great book if they don't know to do the interlibrary loan.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Junior's Leg.