A Beautiful Madness's Reviews > Whispers at Moonrise

Whispers at Moonrise by C.C. Hunter

Oct 25, 12

bookshelves: arc
Read from September 25 to October 04, 2012

When you’re reading the fourth book in a series, you kind of know what to expect from the book in general. You don’t know what will happen, but you do know the characters, and mostly, in this series, my feeling for the characters haven’t changed that much. I loved the first books, but now that I’m at the fourth one, I’m kind of excited to see it end. It’s not because I don’t like the series anymore. I still really enjoy it. It’s just that I want to see Kylie get her kind of happy ending. Whispers at Moonrise is a really great read on many level, and I think that fan of the series will enjoy it. This doesn’t mean that I didn’t find a couple of things to annoy me. There were a few.

Let’s start by talking about Kylie, Lucas and Derek. The big problem I have here is that I’m tired of their kind of love triangle that never seem to end with those three, with Kylie who seem to know who she wants, but never act as if she is sure. Then there are all the secrets with Lucas, which helps push Derek and Kylie a little more together. Of course, you have Derek, who can read Kylie’s emotions, and told her he loves her. Yes, that’s a huge mix. After four books, I just want Kylie to be happy in a way with someone, and have to other find happiness with someone else (or just move on.) Is it too much to ask?

Other than that little thing here, I was quite happy with the novel. The mystery of surrounding Kylie’s supernatural identity is thinning, since she has learned what she is, even though she doesn’t really what it means. There are still a few mysteries left once the book ends, which hopefully should be answered in the final book. Whispers at Moonrise will satisfy fan of the series, that’s something I’m pretty sure of.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Whispers at Moonrise.