Vicky's Reviews > Red Rackham's Treasure

Red Rackham's Treasure by Hergé

2319185
Apr 17, 12

Read in April, 2012

I can't remember when I first discovered the Tintin books, but they remain books I love coming back to. I was very sceptical about seeing the recent movie version, but a French friend said she thought it was well done and faithful to the books (it is an amalgam of three of the stories). I enjoyed it (Snowy is really good), and it motivated me to go back and reread several of the adventures. This is the sequel to " The Secret of the Unicorn". I highly recommend this particular format/edition for the wonderful section at the end about the real life inspiration for Tintin's adventures. for example, Herge bases the sunken ship The Unicorn on the sunken Swedish ship the Vasa.The Herge archives contain thousands of pictures and clippings that the author used for ideas and drawings. Also, I had never noticed how you can tell the Thompsons apart: you will have get the book to find out if you don't already know! If you are not already a Tintin fan, these are great adventures to start with.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Red Rackham's Treasure.