Stormy's Reviews > Elixir

Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Nov 13, 12

Read from November 12 to 15, 2012

Last sentence.
Even if it means making war against the gods.

Anyone that knows me, knows I am a Seth girl.
Yes, you can call me crazy. :)
I have liked him from the first book.
His personality just grabbed my attention and
he's definitely kept it. In Halfblood, I wad just happy to read about him. Aiden didn't do it for me, I felt nothing for him and he honestly bored the crap out of me. In Pure, I saw a side of Seth that I just fell for. I started hoping then that Alex would give him a chance, that he'd have a chance to be with her. In Deity, I lost all hope of that. I realized they may never get together but I started to just hope for Seth. I began hoping that he pulls through and becomes that Pure Seth again and that maybe, he might redeem himself and still have a place in Alex's heart or life. I know he will have consequences but I hope they aren't major, but enough to redeem himself. Elixir didn't shed any light on this hope of mine but it did enlighten me to something else. I now have respect for Alex and Aiden's relationship. I didn't have that before. I didn't see, feel, or understand their infatuation with one another. I didn't realize the deepth of love and respect between the two. Elixir demolishes every last bit of doubt I had about them. They do belong together.

Elixir was an emotional read. You can feel the desperation and frustration Aiden drowns in every second that Alex isnt herself. You can feel the love he has for Alex in the depths of your soul, as if its your own. You can feel his heart crack, beat, and skip. It's just...ugh. You cant help but feel for him. While you've got definite heartbreak and agnst, there's also the funnies. All the characters crack their jokes and give you a little laugh every now and again. I had the most laughs in the first few pages. Alex, under Seth's...whatever it is, acts as if she's an disobedient five year old. Alex isn't usually. the most mature person in the room but like that...she was even more...wild and sarcastic. I felt bad for Aiden but still, it was hilarious. My favorite part, along with Aiden sharing his memory of first seeing Alex. I'd always wondered.

Oh goodness. There's nothing that kicks better Daimon butt than this novella right here. A must read for Aiden fans or even...non Aiden fans. You'll enjoy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Elixir.

11/12/2012 "I don't know if I'm excited to get into this or sick. Aiden's head...not very appealing to me. Call me crazy but I'd rather be in Seth's. :)" 4 comments
11/12/2012
4.0% "lmao Alex....."
11/13/2012
84.0% 3 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» Yeah! My reaction exactly....another freakin mystery for us to solve!!! GREAT JUST FREAKIN GREAT...*shakes head*

Stormy I think I'm going to die soon if I don't get some answers!

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» WELL FREAKIN SAID!!!!! I think Jennifer plans on killing all of her fans before any of her new books come out!

Stormy LOL We need to go into research mode! Starting now!

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» Yes doing just that! I'll let you know what I find!

Stormy Ditto!

message 7: by Megan (new)

Megan this probably has to do with what he did at the end of Pure. controlling that girls mind or whatever...

Stormy Oh, you think it's his version of the events?

MåїÐ»-(¯`v´¯)-» Oh...but this is a novella isn't it?? Those POV aren't they called Extras??

Stormy Yeah, but that's just one scene. The novella is longer.

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan @stormy yeah I think it is. mostly because that's how these short novellas usually are

Emily Oh Storms you made my tears well up again... I loved this book.