JustJen "Miss Conduct"'s Reviews > Dirty Kiss

Dirty Kiss by Rhys Ford

Jul 18, 12

bookshelves: mm, ebook
Read from April 17 to July 18, 2012

This story grabbed me right away. The mystery was interesting with the added twist of Korean culture. I loved Cole. He was sweet, funny and sexy and still broken from his past, which he tells you about in bits and pieces. I so badly wanted to know the whole story right away, but he just kept giving crumbs. Cole takes licking after licking in his pursuit of Henry's killer.

Jae was very sweet. I kept waiting to hear he was indentured somehow to Henry and his family, which, in a way, he sort of was. Learning about the strict Korean culture was interesting, yet sad as it relates to gay family members.

When Cole and Jae are actually together (no sex before you reach 50%), they are on fire. They fit so well, but each have their own hurdles to overcome. I was rooting for them all along, even though I couldn't see how they could make it happen.

There are a few wonderful side characters in this as well. Claudia, Cole's office assistant and general keeper, is tough as nails. Mike, Cole's brother, is funny and loving, even though he struggles with Cole being gay. Bobby, Cole's now retired and out friend from the police force, is funny and interesting. I'd love to hear more about him. Then, there is Scarlet, Cole's tranny friend from the club, who also happens to be Jae's friend.

So, if you are looking for an interesting who-dunnit mystery, with explosions, shooting and great characters, give this one a try.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty Kiss.

Quotes JustJen "Miss Conduct" Liked

Rhys Ford
“It's like a bad joke over here: a black woman, a Filipino transvestite, and a Korean ex-stripper walk into a gay man‟s house. All that's missing is a priest and a talking dog.” - Bobby Dawson”
Rhys Ford, Dirty Kiss