Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > The Blood That Bonds

The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler

Oh, just look at that cover! I love it so much!! It was the main reason I got the book, but I’m sure you could already guess that. Too bad it’s too misleading.

When I look at the image I think of a badass Urban Fantasy heroine killing everything that stands in her way of achieving something great and saving the world. As it turns out, The Blood That Bonds is just a typical, and I put it in bold because you can’t get more typical than this, vampire romance story.

It starts in a very interesting manner. We have Two (yes, that is her real name) who ran away from home and ended up a homeless drug addict. Lucky (or not) for her she was taken in by her drug supplier and brutally forced to prostitute herself.

This part was very deep and interesting. But then a mysterious client chooses her as his next.. victim. He is rich, drives a Ferrari and treats her like the lady she never was.

You can probably guess what happens next, right?

The dude turning her into a vamp so that she can be with him forever. Why did he choose her from all the other potential victims out there? I guess we’ll never know.
I’m falling in love with him, she thought, and in love with what he is.

Oh, give me a break! This happens 19% along the way. 19%!!!

This ruins a book for me. The typical I just turned you into a freak because I love you even though I’ve just met you hours ago gig is old and sucks ass. Give me a damn story! Entertain me!!!

Ugh! I don’t think I need to read the book in order to know what happens next.

I’m sorry my dearest people but this is where I bail out. I simply can’t stand these horribly boring stories.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blood That Bonds.

message 1: by Alkyoni (new)

Alkyoni Mind Games lemelemelem (introducing you to your very first Greek slang word) :p

message 2: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Whaaa??? O_O

message 3: by Alkyoni (new)

Alkyoni leme= we say
lemelemelem = wesaysaysay

as in, I'm telling you to read it :p

message 4: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Oooooh. Thank you, this has been very educational!

Did you notice that I have a next-stop shelf. It's a list. I love lists. Once per month I change everything in it. The time has come to make changes again. It will be on my next-stop list :p

Aly is so frigging bored Wow! Wery, wery deep :))

message 6: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer I'm a very deep person.

Aly is so frigging bored I hear you.

message 8: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Good.